You will know that GDPR is the current hot topic in business; new legislation comes into force with effect from 25th May 2018.
This legislation is not just a one off event. Our responsibilities are to adapt our data handling procedures and to continue to monitor and adhere to the rules. Accordingly, we wanted to reassure you that as a firm we are on top of the upcoming changes and also provide you with an update on how we have been considering GDPR in our role as providers of accountancy, audit and tax services.
In preparation for 25 May 2018, here are some of the areas we have been working on:
- Using an external GDPR consultant to help assess our existing policies and to provide key feedback on how we can continue to improve our systems and policies
- Obtaining our Cyber Essentials certification
- Updating our engagement letters, terms and conditions
- Publishing our privacy notice policies on our website
- Offering online accessible portals for the secure delivery of employee payslips
- Using an encrypted Sharefile portal to send attachments to our email correspondence
You will be hearing more from us on this subject in the coming weeks. We trust that you will appreciate that our efforts are to mitigate any undue burdens on you, our clients. At the same time we wish to ensure that we meet our obligations and continue to work effectively on your behalf.
If there is anything that you are confused by or would like to ask us then please don’t hesitate to get in touch.